Monday, February 21, 2011

Tools & Tricks

I spent some time playing with a few new tools tonight.  Pretty cool what different ribs can do.  This session is starting to wind down, and I am really looking forward to turning more with dad. 

beehive bowl

I turned this vase/sake pitcher type thing tonight.  I will say they are getting taller, even though all of my pottery is still quite small in scale...I hear there's a market for minatures, maybe that could be my specialty?  Do you know how much a pot shrinks when it dries?  Seriously...it's crazy.  You can turn this gigantic piece and it's so big you can't believe it, and then when you come back to look at it after the water has evaoprated and it's like someone zapped it with a shrink ray!  

sake - vase - type thing

No comments:

Post a Comment