Sunday, February 6, 2011

So I spent the day with dad in his studio today...the first experience we've had together...HOLY COW!
It is amazing what a difference a clay makes! And the tools...who knew about ball openers, and centering arms, and giffin grips?

To put it into perspective for non-potters...remember when you were in school and the evil math teacher made you memorize all those silly multiplication tables...only to give you a calculator the next year? It was kinda like that...

I played with a few different clays (some with less sandpaper than that I have been using...much better for the manicure I must say) and turned on dad's wheel. The largest pot so far!

...of course our resident publicist, Dawn Crouse, was there for the photo op...thanks girl, you make us look so much better than we are...

All in all a great day and so very much fun! I can't wait to do it all again!



No comments:

Post a Comment