Saturday, May 2, 2015

As the world turns...

Not that my life resembles any soap opera...you would turn the channel pretty quickly if you didn't fall asleep first.  But it is a wonderful life!  

So as the rest of the world turns pottery, I am happily hand building a few things.  I had to ease my way back into this...I haven't even been in the pottery shop since before last October's show.  

Ok, ok...I'll try to turn a few things...but not without my assistant "Hairy" who has decided she is actually a wild huntress, and keeps bringing "gifts" of various sizes and amounts of fur or beak...um, no thank you, I'm okay without those "special gifts". 


So after a few failed attempts...Eureka!  I have turned a pie plate!  Wow, I am so proud! Way to go Heather!  (Cue dramatic music) That is until dad says, "oh I think I will turn a few pie plates as well..." (and sits his real pie plate next to mine) talk about a reality check...my pie plate turned into a quiche dish, ha!  The student hath not surpassed the master...

Oh well maybe next time...or we can call this a pie plate for two! As Tam would say, "it's portion control" ha ha!  



No comments:

Post a Comment