Sunday, March 25, 2012

Should've paid more attention...

...to that chemistry teacher!  So mixing glaze and changing colors sounds a lot more like my chemistry classes than art?  Geez that was a million years ago, and thank goodness dad remembers that stuff! 


  I had a few things that made it out of the kiln ok.  Copper carbonate turns into this really cool metal looking patina.  I painted the rings and designs of these two with the copper.
pretty cool metal look right?
  There have been a few other pieces that turned out ok.  Some bowls, a few little things with faces, or flowers, or other designs.  I like the dogwood bowl ok...think next time I will make the flower petals out of some non-speckled clay, kinda looks like the bugs got a hold of this flower...ha!


speckled dogwood (native to Newton, NC) ha!  

Not sure when I'll be back up, but if I only manage 3 or 4 pots per visit, it will take me all year to fill a shelf full!  Gotta pick up the pace...October will be here before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment