Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sometimes you're a baker...

Sometimes you're a baker...rolling out clay like Grandma used to when she made biscuits.  


Sometimes you even have to add a little corn starch so it doesn't stick to everything...


But most often, at least in my case...I'm a carpenter...steel wool is my best friend, and as my father would tell you...it hides a multitude of sins! Ha!  


A little steel wool on the edges of my pieces makes sure there's nothing sharp to grab you...it also covers you and everything around you in dust...(like find it the next day after you've showered kind of covered! Ha!) And it's EVERYWHERE!  No chance of the shop ever being clean.

I joke with dad that if the place burns down we will have the most gorgeous floor ever just in the amount of glaze that has spilled in the floor over the years!  

Well, with only a few weeks left till this year's show I guess I'd better get to sanding! Ha!  


1 comment:

  1. Alas, only five weeks from yesterday and MUCH still to do. Hope to see you all on October 10th. Kindest regards, Bob

    ReplyDelete