Sunday, August 16, 2015

Wait, what? How long?

  Seriously where did July go?  Actually where did June and July go? It's already August...1/2 way through August at that! And 8 very short weeks until the Fall Hilton Homeplace show.  

  For SOME of us there is a full time job that can get in the way of pottery...but for OTHERS (who shall remain nameless, but clearly retired again a few weeks ago) there seems to be endless amounts of time to play in the mud.  

Really?  You made so many pots that there aren't any drying shelves left?  Ugh...


  Nothing like a deadline and an "in your face" example of how much dad can do in a week versus what I can do in a weekend...no pressure...

(You expected a photo here of all the things I made right?  Well...no go, I'm too busy freaking out about 8 weeks left until the show!)

  I did get a few things made this weekend, and as long as they live through their battle with their evil nemesis  (the kiln) I will have a few things to add to those drying racks (assuming I can find a square inch of space to place them) 


  I joke about dad making me look like a slacker...but the truth is I'm really happy to see him in the shop again and being so productive.  I think retirement is treating him well, and I always enjoy being able to share a little bit of it with him.  Gotta run...October will be here before you know it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment