Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pottery...the full contact hobby...

So while the rest of you are watching football, I feel like I've been playing it! I turned for the first time in several weeks on Sunday and didn't remember exactly how many muscles you use to throw a piece of pottery...

Not to worry...I was quickly reminded the following morning as I rolled out of bed and crawled toward the ibuprofen bottle.

Seriously...your legs hurt, your shoulders hurt, your bottom feels like you climbed 212 flights of stairs...and the hands, forget it! I looked like I was practicing my monster claws for Halloween!

The side effects are pretty fun though, it's pretty funny when some huge shouldered muscle can't get the lid off a jar and I can reach over and twist it like its nothing...a phenomenon better known as "pottery torque"

so...for all of you struggling with the jar of pickles, the lug nut that's a little too tight, the childproof pill bottle, or the lightbulb that won't come free... you know who to call...your local friendly potter...

No comments:

Post a Comment